MRDS 4 Samples

Mar 24, 2012 at 6:00 PM

Hi,

The final version of Microsoft Robotics Developer Studio 4 has been released a few weeks ago. I request you to please update the samples.

Thanks,

Sandeep.

Coordinator
Apr 17, 2012 at 6:25 AM

Sorry, I no longer work on Robotics. However I will try to update the package over the next weekend.

Trevor

Coordinator
Apr 23, 2012 at 12:34 AM

I have uploaded a new version of the samples. This will be the last version that we will publish because Kyle and I do not work for the Microsoft Robotics Group any more.

Thanks to everyone who bought the book. We hope you found it useful.

Trevor

Apr 23, 2012 at 4:32 AM
Edited Apr 23, 2012 at 5:21 AM

Visual Studio  2010 is complaining about an invalid license and wants me to reinstall.

Anybody have that problem?  And how did you resolve it? 

Coordinator
Apr 23, 2012 at 7:12 AM

This has nothing to do with ProMRDS, or RDS.

In regard to the issue that you posted to me about setup.cmd, I have just downloaded the ZIP and confirmed that setup.cmd is in there. I don't see how it could not be.

I suspect that you have unzipped the file into a folder called ProMRDS and thereby created two levels of directories, i.e. C:\Users\...\Microsoft Robotics Dev Studio 4 \ProMRDS\ProMRDS, or perhaps you inadvertently unzipped the files somewhere else. Please have a look in your ProMRDS folder and see what is in there.

Trevor

Apr 23, 2012 at 8:00 AM

Yep, it was the nested folder syndrome.  Good call on your part.

Apr 23, 2012 at 8:31 AM
Edited Apr 23, 2012 at 7:08 PM
Begging your pardon, but it looks to me that it has something to do with the mrisamples file in projects in chapters 4, 7 and 9 with impact to many of the other chapters also.
microwattbott wrote:

Visual Studio  2010 is complaining about an invalid license and wants me to reinstall.

Anybody have that problem?  And how did you resolve it? 

Coordinator
Apr 26, 2012 at 6:16 AM

mrisamples.snk is a signing certificate that is created when you install RDS. It has nothing to do with a license, so I don't understand why you would be getting these messages unless you have installed a trial version of Visual Studio and it has expired.

Trevor